Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2010 Blissful Wishes Ball in Chicago

Last Monday, I had the privilege of attending the Blissful Wishes Ball here in Chicago, a benefit for Wish Upon A Wedding - a non-profit organization that funds and arranges weddings for couples affected by terminal illness.

I attended with the always fabulous and fun Brittany of Hanle Productions, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Two couples who were granted weddings from Wish Upon A Wedding were present that night, and it was so incredibly heart-warming to see, in person, their love for each other, which helps them to conquer each and every day. One of the couples was recently featured in Parade Magazine, and I'll give you 10 bucks if you don't shed even a small tear after reading it.

I couldn't have been more impressed with the evening as a whole. Hosted at the Millenium Knickerbocker hotel, the decor was beautiful, the food was uh-mazing and the entertainment was awesome. Produced by Ali Phillips, owner of Engaging Events by Ali, and President of the Chicago chapter of Wish Upon A Wedding, I have to say, the evening went off without a hitch. Everyone was in great spirits and the dance floor was crowded the whole night. I mean, with a bunch of wedding industry professionals, you have to expect it to be great, yeah? I took a few photos, but I'm no professional, so you'll have to bare with me.


Photobucket
As you entered the reception area, you walked along the balcony, and the first thing you saw as you entered was this. Gorgeous!


Photobucket
Waiting for us at our tables were chocolates and a mini bottle of champagne to take home. How sweet!


The rest of the photos are from ShutterBooth, which was an absolute blast.

Photobucket
Brittany and I striking a pose.


Photobucket
Brittany, myself and Stevi, photographer an co-owner (along with her husband) of AveryHouse Creative.

Photobucket

Thank you to the Wish Upon A Wedding foundation for everything you do, and to Brittany for being my date :)

3 comments:

Peter Merkle said...

It was great being at the best table in the house with you!

It was an absolutely amazing experience!

Thank you.

ChicagoWeddingDJs.com

Shang said...

You guys are too cute!

Brittany Parker said...

hehe awwww lets do it again!!

Post a Comment