Monday, September 27, 2010

Happiest One Year

(editor's note: this entry was written yesterday, Sunday, September 26, 2010)

Today Mr. Owl and I have been married for one year. We didn't do much because usually the day after coordinating a wedding, we're pretty tired, and like to take it easy. That will often involve food delivery and TV marathons, and today wasn't much different. We were adventurous enough to make a trip out to the 'burbs for some needed shopping, and then came home, took a nap and had a marathon of "Pushing Daisies" (recommend by the awesome Brittany of Hanle Productions). And to be honest, these days are my absolute favorite*. I like to just be with that husband of mine. The seemingly everyday boring days are the ones that fill my heart with happiness and contentment. This was why I decided to marry Mr. Owl - because I can just be and do nothing with him by my side, and feel completely relaxed, happy and smitten with my life.

Happy first year anniversary, hubs. One year ago today you had a dance-off with my mom, and I belted out to "Sweet Caroline." I love you.

Photobucket
Photo by Catherine Leonard Photography



*That isn't to say we don't have anything special planned. You'll have to stay tuned to find out what.

No comments:

Post a Comment